Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chocolate Brownies

I have been wanting to bake a chocolate brownie since a very long time. I am aware its not a healthy option, however I am planning to adapt it to a healthy option soon, so stay tuned. For my first time, it was a great success and turned out exactly how I like it-fudgy on the top!


Though I have referred to Allrecipes, I did not see the need for any frosting and have made a few changes in the preparation. Since I didnt have a square cake tin which would be ideal for brownies, I used a round one. But with a brownie looking like that, who cares if its a circle or a square!
Ingredients-
1/2 cup salted butter
1cup sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4tsp baking powder
Preparation-
  • In a pan heat water and in another pan put butter and melt this by placing it in the pan with water.
  • When the butter melts add the sugar and stir in.
  • Whisk the eggs in and add the vanilla.
  • Sift the flour and baking powder 3 times, add the cocoa powder to it.
  • Add the dry powders to the wet mixture spoon by spoon and stir it in till it blends.
  • Pre-heat oven to 175 C. Pour the mixture into a greased pan and bake for 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
  • Top with chopped walnuts.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin