Friday, February 26, 2010

Chicken Tikka


I found this recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala in an in-flight magazine. As I browsed through it I was hooked. I felt it was a promising recipe and it turned out better than I expected. Though it is not as photogenic as I would have wished it to be, do not be deceived by the looks. This one was O so addictive and oozing with Umami. What appealed to me about the recipe is its versatility. The ingredients can be found in any part of the world, - no masalas or food colouring like in other Chicken Tikka Masala recipes I've seen.

Ingredients-
2 chicken breasts

1st marination
1tbs ginger-garlic paste
lemon juice
salt to taste


  • Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and apply the ingredients for 1st marination and keep aside for an hour, preferably overnight.
2nd marination-
Ingredients A
100 ml Cream
1tbs ginger-garlic paste
25gms cheese
1 1/2tbs cashew nut powder
1 egg white
Ingredients B
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/3 tbs black pepper crushed
oil
salt to taste


  • Mix together Ingredients A until the cheese dissolves and becomes a fine paste.
  • Whisk in Ingredients B except oil to the above and mix well.
  • Remove the extra water from the chicken pieces.
  • Mix the chicken pieces with the batter and rub well.
  • Keep aside for 2 hours.


  • Drizzle oil over the pieces and grill on micro+ grill combination for 10 minutes.
  • Turn over and grill for 5 minutes or till done.
Sauce
Ingredients-
1/4tsp cumin seeds
1 onion minced
2 large ripe tomatoes minced
salt to taste

Preparation-
  • Heat oil in a pan splutter cumin seeds.
  • Saute onions and add the minced tomatoes.
  • Cover and cook till tomatoes are mashed and cooked.
  • Add salt to taste. Take off the fire.
  • Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
  • Serve hot with......... guess what? (coming in the next post)

Sending this for Side Dish Showdown

9 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I love the creamy look and all the toimatoes added. It looks beautiful. Would be so good with rice or noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great dish here. The ginger garlic paste and cardamom leds a wonderful flavor to this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great cool it was in an inflight mag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore chicken tikka masala. It was the first Indian dish I ever tried...and also the first I fell in love with. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an excellent recipe, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a chicken tikka on my list to cook. I haven't tried it yet. This recipe makes me want to try the recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Shirley! The ingredients look really interesting. I bet it smell soooo aromatic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe is quite interesting and different from the usual ones. Even when I make tikka at home, looks almost like this not so appealing and dull, the reason: we don't add color which is good and makes it healthy. In restaurants they add color and give it an appealing look which sometimes I hate "the color".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin