Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Banana Nutella Bread Pudding


A bread pudding is so versatile that you can let your creative juices run wild.  Having tried an apple version I gave the banana version a shot. Not to miss the Nutella.

The banana I've used here is the Nendran variety, popularly seen in Kerala.


Ingredients-
1 cup wholewheat bread pieces
2 cups milk
1 egg
1 banana
1tbs nutella
Jaggery to sweeten
chopped nuts
Preparation-
  • Pour the milk in a dish, add the bread cubes, egg, jaggery, and banana slices. Use a fork to lightly mix. Leave to soak for half an hour.  
  • Grease a mould and pour in . Fold in Nutella. Sprinkle chopped nuts.  
  • Bake in pre-heated oven at 160C for 25 mins.  
  • Stand for 10 mins , then cool.  
  • Serve warm or chilled.

You might also like

9 comments:

  1. innovative pudding lovely combination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley you ALWAYS have such creative and yummy recipes! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made banana chocolate bread pudding before...but Nutella would top that by a long shot! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bananas are so exxy here that I have not had one in ages! Totally envious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Banana pudding sounds pretty interesting to me. Think I should hop over for a tea sometime. :o)
    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great and nutritious too. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything with nutella and this looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin